Russell M. Nelson Quotes

To get ready for conference this weekend, I have put together some quotes from the prophet. As Latter-day Saints we sustain Russell M. Nelson as the Lord's mouthpiece on the earth. What a comfort it is to have a servant of God who is able to offer guidance and direction in such a changing, uncertain world. I am thankful to know that continuing revelation is available.


One of the things a prophet does is to point out a higher perspective. The Lord sees what we can't see. A prophet seemed to lift us up to see things as the Lord does---to see things as they really are and were and as they really will be. I'm thankful to know that my loving Heavenly Father has a greater view of me than I do of myself. 


Because our Heavenly Father sees from an eternal perspective, it is not a surprise that his view of time is different than ours. He knows how to maximize time so much better than we do. As the Lord's mouthpiece, President Nelson promises us His help when we give Him first priority over our time. What a magnificent concept! Such a blessing!


One function of a prophet is to teach us the right way to live. President Nelson tells us the way to joy. Since wickedness never was happiness, the way to joy is to live righteously. I'm so thankful for a prophet who can point the direction that I can take for peace and happiness in life.


Prophets also offer encouragement along the way. President Nelson often uses language that seems almost to be a hyperbole in speaking about revelation, divine help, and other topics. This is so encouraging when we realize that terms like "impossible" are hardly applicable to us when are on the Lord's side with His help. It doesn't get more encouraging than that! The words of a prophet are such a strength to the Lord's people. 


In addition to offering encouragement, prophets also have a duty to tell the truth about the Lord's requirements on His people. President Nelson minces no words as he describes the Lord's commandments. He acknowledges that the Lord expects much of us.

I revere President Russell M. Nelson as a prophet, seer, and revelator. His words bring me joy and his pace in moving forward the kingdom of God inspires me to lengthen my side to keep up with him. I love the prophet. Have a great Conference weekend.

Comments